INDIGENOUS EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Eyaa-Keen offers an Indigenous Employee Assistance Program (IEAP) Model for Mental Health and Progressive Living for Organizations and Businesses for their Indigneous employees and their spouses. Confidentiality and discretion are assured.
Our IEAP helps employees achieve understanding and overcome difficulties to cope with concerns which can negatively affect their personal and work lives, including such issues as:
- Emotional stress;
- Family disintegration;
- Drug abuse; and,
- Marital disruption.
- Eyaa-Keen’s experienced and knowledgeable staff understand that these and other problems can be addressed and treated with appropriate help.
Our current IEAP services include:
We offer short-term and crisis sessions addressing:
- Loss of a loved one;
- Handling stress;
- Life cycle changes;
- Relationship struggles;
- Substance abuse; and,
- Job performance;
These sessions emphasize getting yourself and your life back on track. Sessions are available with an Indigenous Behaviour Trauma Specialist, or a male or female Elder.
These more in-depth, long-term sessions address trauma and related issues, such as:
- Unresolved grief and loss;
- Being a victim of violent crime;
- Physical and sexual abuse;
- Surviving a loved one’s suicide;
- Surviving a suicide attempt; and,
- Residential School and historical trauma.
- The emphasis in these sessions is on strengthening, developing, maintaining and thriving in a healthy way of living.
Individual and Group Lessons
Eyaa-Keen currently offers:
- Individual Day Programming;
- 1- and 2-Day group sessions in the Winnipeg Residential Program; and,
- 5- and 10-Day group sessions in a self-contained lodge in the Whiteshell.
Eyaa-Keen provides a number of Indigenous Traditional based services, including:
- Teachings and ceremonies;
- Sweats – teaching, cleansing, healing, memorialization and grieving; and,
- Spring fasting and Language Camp.
All cultural and Traditional services are located at the Eyaa-Keen Ceremonial/Camp site, 35 minutes northeast of Winnipeg.
Enhancement Training and Information Sessions
These sessions are conducted for workplaces and emphasize prevention, self-care disciplines and getting to the next level.
Employee packages can be custom-tailored to suit your organization’s needs. Orientation sessions can be provided at your workplace, and employers can make referrals to Eyaa-Keen.
There are criteria and intake processes for all sessions.