MY GOOD LIFE
My Good Life was designed to help victims of crime and murdered and missing women. The objectives of the My Good Life project are:
- To address grief and loss through one-on-one behavioural health sessions;
- To offer a culturally appropriate setting to honour the loss of a loved one during memorial gatherings; and,
- To provide support for families who are impacted by grief and loss through small group cultural gatherings.
Services provided through the program will:
- Offer traditional Indigenous teachings and ceremonies to help participants understand their loss and work through their feelings of grief so that they can begin to accept their loss and move forward in a healthy way;
- Address the grief of friends and family members who have experienced the loss of a loved one who has been murdered, is missing or has committed suicide because of past trauma; and,
- Encourage participants who are ready to move into additional program streams.
Staff will ensure there is an appropriate information recording system established and will follow established practices and utilize approved manuals and procedures to ensure appropriate service delivery.