HIGHWAY TO LIFE - This Program is not being offered at this time.
Highway to Life is the pinnacle program of the Being Me, Being Free.™ series. The intensive, ten-day session takes place every summer and leads participants through a journey to enhance and increase creativity, clarity, energy and inner growth.
This Indigenous Traditional based session is aimed toward Indigenous adults who have a sincere desire to:
- Improve their well-being and quality of life;
- Improve the quality of their personal and family relationships;
- Improve their own functional abilities; and,
- Find new ways, behaviours and disciplines to become better parents, workers, leaders and mentors within their families, communities and societies.
Individuals involved in this program must not only have the desire to make positive changes, but also the willingness and motivation to do the work to make change happen.
Participants go through an advanced, accelerated process in which they will create an individualized treatment plan to help them overcome the underlying issues which cause them to feel stress, anxiety, fear, depression, anger and other struggles.
Goals of the program revolve around re-training the mind, body and spirit to present skills and abilities from the inside out and may include:
- Undoing habits, patterns and ways of thinking that prevent living a higher way of life;
- Bringing order to life;
- Enhancing and expanding personal and professional skills;
- Reconnecting with and clarifying natural knowingness;
- Developing effective disciplines for continual growth;
- Becoming more grounded and connected;
- Working with more energy and life; and,
- Strengthening the weaker aspects of the self.
Work done during the session is progressive in nature and participants who return year after year build upon the progress they have made. Over time, individuals develop and apply self-care and self-management disciplines to restore peace of mind and inner calmness, allowing them to better support themselves and their loved ones.