BEING ME. BEING FREE.™
Being Me. Being Free.™ is a series of sessions designed and delivered by Eyaa-Keen Healing Centre Inc.’s co-founders, Mel and Shirley Chartrand, Behavioural Health Specialists.
Each group session is structured based on a unique theme that sets the tone for the work to be done during the session. Participating in sessions with different themes allows participants to build on progress made in previous sessions.
Sessions may deal with a combination of the following issues:
- Situational stressors;
- Family relations;
- Interpersonal relationships;
- Employee personnel concerns;
- Mental health issues;
- Life span issues;
- Sexuality; and,
- Underlying issues of addiction.
Sessions are designed to address the needs of victims of historical trauma, abuse and domestic violence; survivors of a loved one’s suicide or sudden, accidental death; survivors of the Residential Schools Legacy; and other traumas and losses.
Criteria for intake includes:
- Indigenous adult (24 years and over);
- Alcohol and drug free (please call to clarify);
- Information on types of medication;
- Willingness to:
- Look closely at oneself;
- Be responsible, be accountable for and participate in one’s own healing and changing process;
- Stay and complete the program;
- Invest in the process personally; and,
- Ability to arrange their own child care.
Being Me. Being Free.™ offers programs under two headings:
Outpatient Treatment programs:
- Vary in length and intensity;
- Are available for day-long and multi-day options at 547 Notre Dame Avenue;
- Provide Indigenous Traditional based trauma treatment and psychological rehabilitation; and,
- Are available for individual sessions throughout the week and for group sessions over the course of a weekend.
Intensive Outpatient Treatment Programs:
- Are more intensive and integrated than the regular Outpatient Treatment Program;
- Are multi-day programs offered in residential settings in rural locations to enhance comfort and healing; and,
- Provide a more in-depth and thorough healing, change and development process.